At Cherry Hill Public Library’s Job Resource Center you will find a variety of books and videos on cover letters, resumes, employment searches and interviewing techniques. In the Job Resource Center, you will find not only relevant books and DVDs, but also a computer with easy-to-use resume software. Cherry Hill residents may also meet with a librarian (by appointment) for individual help with resumes.
Looking for employment? Finding it stressful to comb through the morass of online information?
Then please visit our new job resource blog, Insource@CHPL:
You’ll find selected job search websites, databases providing cover letter and resume assistance, interviewing information, local resources, career fair listings, and videos to help you in your quest for employment.
Need some extra help creating your resume? As a Cherry Hill Library cardholder you can register for one-on-one resume assistance. Call 856-667-0300 ext:1220 to speak to a Librarian.
Job Resource Center Policies
- A computer in the Job Resource Center is available with Microsoft Office, Winway Resume Deluxe and the Internet.
- There is a selection of job and career books and DVD’s; these are for reference use only and cannot be checked out.
- Use of the computer is free
- Please see Reference staff to sign up to use the computer.
- Sign on the computer with your library card or visitor pass.
- Visitor passes are available at the Reference Desk.
- Printing - $.15 for black and white, $.50 for color. Funds can be added to a library card or visitor pass at the SAMs machine near the Reference Desk. The printers are near the public computers by the Reference Desk.
Resume Help – Librarians will be available to help with resumes. The staff cannot write the entire resume but will be available to check grammar, spelling and formatting. You must make an appointment for this service.
Sign up at the Reference Desk and a librarian will get back to you to set up an appointment.
Reminder: Save your resume to a disk, CD or flash drive. You may lose your work if you do not save it! Instructions for saving your resume are posted on the computer.
Attention! Be Careful When You Save Your File
Winway resume software saves files in a proprietary format (.rsm) which cannot be read by any computer which does not have that software installed. Therefore, patrons MUST follow this procedure.
WinWay Resume can save your resume in various formats:
- Acrobat PDF
- Microsoft Word (RTF) HTML
- In WinWay Resume, select File, Export, and choose the desired format
- For sending e-mail, we recommend Acrobat PDF format
- To create MS Word (.doc) file, select File, Export, "RTF." When asked if you wish to view/edit the file, select YES. When MS Word opens the file, select File, Save As, and choose file type ".doc"
New Jersey Librarians Help Residents Through Tough Economic Times
As the New Jersey economy weakens, unemployment figures increase and family incomes shrink, the New Jersey State Library has launched a new Web site designed to make it easier for residents to connect to state programs, services and agencies that can help them during these tough economic times. Get help today!
Resources for Jobseekers
US Department of Labor for career exploration and finding a job
Upcoming NJ Job Fairs
Veterans starting a business
Top websites—working for a nonprofit
Advice for college students--attending a career fair
Career Transition Partnership—free local classes to help you in your job search
Websites for older jobseekers
One Stop Career Center
Success with behavioral interviews
Helpful job information from the state of NJ
What to wear to an interview
Transferrable skills for jobseekers
How to conduct yourself on a phone interview
Hostile or stress interview
Resume for someone without experience
Camden County College training for the unemployed
Camden County Job Club for Veterans
1:30 PM – 3:00 PM
Location: 2600 Mt. Ephraim Avenue, Suite 102, Camden, NJ
Event Details: The Veterans Job Club meets on Tuesdays @ 1:30 PM.
Friendly employers & veteran service organizations are encouraged to attend!
Event Contact: Darryl O'Hannon, Veterans Employment Services
Phone: (856) 614-3186
State and Federal Resources
This Center offers help with job searching and interviewing techniques. Call for an appointment, or stop in: 2600 Mt. Ephraim Ave Camden, NJ 08104 (856) 614-3150 (Hours: Mon. – Fri. 8:30am – 4:30pm)
Apply for US Government jobs either by mail or by uploading your resume.
The New Jersey Civil Service Commission updates this page daily with current Job Announcements in State, county, and municipal governments.
Presented by The New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development.
You’ll find the official Occupational Outlook Handbook in electronic form here. Search for any career and find out what the job involves, its salary, and if it is in demand.
FUNDING FOR THE JOB RESOURCE CENTER HAS BEEN PROVIDED BY
THE FRIENDS OF THE CHERRY HILL LIBRARY